Thursday, March 24, 2016

Literature Circle Blog

          
            First They Killed My Father Blog
       
           For our book, "Fist They Killed My Father", our essential question was "What obstacles does Loung have to overcome before and after the war?". We now know the answers. We know this answer due to multiple quotes and exhibited emotions. One of many quotes that helped answer the essential question was "The Khmer Rouge lied. They have won the war, and we cannot go back. You have to forget about Phnom Penh.". I believe that this quote is a great demonstration of overcoming obstacles because it is a quote that is about sacrificing your home, which is a hard thing to do. It also is a quote that stacks on a lot of other actions and emotions for the main character that might relate to sacrifice .
___________________________________________________

     Although this book was narrated from a first person perspective, different people can inform people on topics, the Cambodian War in this case, in different ways. But can all these ways be successful in doing so? Yes, they can! In the following writing, I will demonstrate why.

  Let's say I have access to two different ways to understand more about the Cambodian war. The "First they Killed my Father" book and "The Khmer Rouge and Cambodia", an article about the Cambodian war. Upon reading this book, I automatically know that the book is about the war, much like the article. But can it be possible that these two sources are alike in information? It can certainly be possible! I know this because of multiple quotes that have true details on the war. Quotes such as "The organization was headed by a man named Pol Pot." from the article and "I hate the soldiers now as much as I hate their leader, Pol Pot" from the book obviously have a strong correlation that can tell almost any person that you can get information on the same topic in different ways.
      


    

No comments:

Post a Comment