Monday, February 27, 2017

Holocaust AoW 2/24/17

What I Learned about the Holocaust


On the week of 2/20-24/17, Mrs.Larson's Accelerated Class was given the task of exploring the internet for an article pertaining to the Holocaust, analyzing its contents, and presenting our article and observations to our fellow classmates in the form of a Gallery Walk. Not only was I overwhelmed with joy to share the courage of former prisoners with my peers, but also to gather a larger knowledge of the Holocaust as a construct from them and their research. In this blog, I will be sharing these very findings and what I have been able to derive from them.

One of the very first articles I had learned from was "Twins Meet after 66 Years". This article details the story of two siblings whom were separated by Nazi Officers 66 years ago reuniting through social media. I found this article particularly inspiring due to it's message of never giving up. Despite the immense amount of time the twins spent without each other, they still remained determined to meet each other, which I find rather admirable. The article also promotes persevering during hard times, as the two twins managed to surive the dreadful Holocaust conditions they were forced into.

The last article I found rather intruiging was "The History of Holocaust Remembrance Day". This article details the hesitation to dedicate a day to Holocaust Vitcims from the government, but many activists were persistent, and demanded that the day exist. The world began to listen and Holocaust Rememberance Day became official. What I learned from this article was, much like our previous article, that you must remain determined through hard times, as the remembrance activists did not let negativity deter them from requesting the holiday's existence. The article also promotes remembrance to the reader, as the holiday is meant to honor those whom are no longer with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment