Friday, May 5, 2017

The Perfect Day


My Perfect Day

At around 8:30 a.m, I hope to wake up from a long, soothing sleep. Uninterrupted, and unquestioned. I spring out of my bed, dash down to stairs, and take an enormous leap into the living room to find my two favorite people. My mother, Marisa, and my younger brother, Anthony. They are not the only ones welcoming me with open arms as I approach, for I am also treated to a hardy breakfast of pancakes, oatmeal, and a fruit smoothie made in our kitchen. All three of us sit down on the couch, my brother and I observing individual Seinfeld episodes on the television. We eventually settle on "The Bizarro Jerry". One of my favorite episodes. I proceed to eat and talk with my family as the episode plays for around 20 minutes. The episode eventually ends and my breakfast is now nonexistent, which signals me to go upstairs and get ready for the day.

As soon as I am fully clothed, I run downstairs once again, but this time, I am greeted to my grandfather, Robert Sr, my uncle, Robert Jr, his fiancé, Alison, and my aunt, Victoria. We immediately head to Dave & Buster's in Addison, where we meet the rest of Alison's family. Up until noon, we play some arcade games, laugh, and discuss our lives. My grandfather and I then leave the area to meet my mother for a joint lunch and dinner at The Melting Pot. As fondue trays come in and out of our table, we discuss our lives once again. I feel no guilt as I feast on the trays of food, which would normally be the case.

After this event, I get back in the car with my mother and we go shopping once more. We have little worries about money, as my mother had been saving up for this day. We visit stores as casual as Five Below and Target, to more upperclass ones, such as Bevello and Kate Spade. I do not intend to by copious amounts of items, and neither does my mother, but we still manage to pick out a few items of interest. After this event, we return home to Anthony, who was being babysat by a neighbor.

Around 6:30, I am ready to have a night out at Six Flags with friends from school. Our parents were skeptical about letting us walk around the park on our own, but we convinced them that our phones were fully charged and we would call or text if we were concerned in any way. They agreed to lounge in a restaurant in the park. My friends and I were able to purchase fast passes, for we had saved a surplus amount of money to do so. For the rest of the night, we rode thrill rides that were exciting enough to make our skin develop goosebumps. Once we get to the point where we can hardly run due to exhaustion, our parents and ourselves exited the park, where we would return to our houses and take a good night slumber.

I believe that this day could become a reality if I planned, saved, and negotiated well enough. Days like the one I had stated above are ones that cannot be planned on a whim, so I must contact the people involved and get dates, times, and prices sorted out. The next step is saving. It would be very difficult to have a day such as this one for free, so I must forget about frivolously spending money on low want items and start budgeting. The last step to achieving the perfect day is negotiation. Many of the people involved, including myself, would have to cancel or postpone certain events to make this one a reality, so this would imply that I must negotiate with others about what I can do to make up for the time, if anything at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment