Friday, October 28, 2016

1st Quarter Reflections



First Quarter Reflections

Over the past few months, I, much like 18 others in Mrs. Larson's Accelerated ELA Class, have completed a large variety of different assignments, activities, and tests that have reaffirmed what we already know, tested what we know, and added to our knowledge. Now that I look back at a plethora of these assignments over the past months, I realize that we have, yet again, come a long way in our work. A vast majority of our works needed a significant amount of revision, but they have now undergone drastic change, and because of this, are works are much more organized, sophisticated, and entertaining. In this blog, I will go over different questions that pertain to this. Enjoy!

How have your blogs been progressing since August?
Ever since August of 2016, I have reflected on my previous blogs in comparison to my more recent ones and have noticed very notable differences , and those are organization and conveyed emotion, (or lack there of). In my earlier blogs, you could see how scattered they really were. But now that they have undergone the improvement mentioned earlier, they have become more formatted and straight forward, making visualization for the reader much easier to conjure. In addition, I have since improved the amount of emotion I put into my writing. Around August, it was apparent that my pieces were rather bland and emotionless, but now that I was able to fix these flaws, I now am able to connect and empathize with the topics, adding more emotion to the blogs.

What strategies have benefited you? 
There are multiple strategies that I have learned this year of note, but the one that I incorporate into my writing the most often is TIQA, or Topic Sentence, Introduction, Question, and Analyze. This format has taught me an amazing way to execute my content for my writing, causing my writing to appear more organized and easier to process.

What are your goals for ELA for the next three quarters?
I have no doubt come a long way in Accelerated English Language Arts, but I still aspire to accomplish so much more in the upcoming months that I cannot list all of them here, but my largest goal is to earn multiple more pieces with a grade of entirely 4. If I were to accomplish this, it would show me that I have really utilized the knowledge I had been given this year.

What have you learned about the world? 
The main lesson I have learned that can not only be utilized in school, but all facets of life is that it is okay to have a weak point. It does not make you idiotic. It does not make you a terrible person. It just makes you human. But even though it is 100% natural to have flaws in your work, you must improve them till they become one of your strong points. You must identify what makes this problem prevalent for you, how is it enabled, and how to make it vanish. If this is not done, it will always continue to be one of your weak points.

No comments:

Post a Comment