Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflections


3rd Quarter Reflections

In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts? 

Despite what I wish to say, this Quarter has been rather unsuccessful for me. My productivity and many of my grades have dropped severely, not only in Accelerated Language Arts, but in a variety of classes. In light of this, I cannot place my finger on too many areas that I have significantly improved in, except for one area. Being honest to yourself. While this isn't necessarily pertaining to English Language Arts, it has definitely contributed in what I plan to accomplish in the 4th Quarter. Prior to now, I was in denial. I couldn't come to the reality of my grades dropping. I thought I was infallible, but that was anything but the truth. Sooner or later, I knew I had to come to terms with the sharp decrease in stellar grades, and this is still a lesson I pride on carrying all the way through the rest of the year.

What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?

In the 3rd Quarter, one thing I accomplished that I was particularly proud of was becoming comfortable with inquiring and asking questions. In previous years, I have been quite timid, and I feared my peers would perceive me as an idiot for simply asking questions. I feared what the teacher would think as well. But now, after encouragement from family, I have become more open about my inquiries. This newfound comfort has also given me a better understanding of the curriculum.


What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?


The most challenging aspect of the 3rd Quarter was, like mentioned earlier, coming to terms with the drastic grade drops I experienced. Due to my history with stellar grades, I felt invincible in the past quarter. I believe my streak would persist, and that I could do no wrong. This contributed to me putting significantly less effort into my work, which obviously caused my grades to drop. This became hard for me to accept. A student in Accelerated classes receiving 2s? Impossible. Eventually, as the grades kept piling, I came to terms with this. I plan to improve these grades by being more diligent with work and paying great attention to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment